You REALLY have to adopt a lifestyle and habits, that you can stick to for the long term.
FIRST OF ALL STOP DIETING…….
Because consistency is the key to success!
And to be consistent, you need habits you can sustain.
Habits that support your body and its metabolic processes, that keep you on an even keel and constantly moving forward.
Eating real foods.
Enjoy the variety of real foods. Include multiple sources of protein daily with your meals. Eat complex carbs in the morning and around your workouts, and eat lots of vegetables, fruit and greens.
Don’t avoid fats. Yes you read this right…………Don’t avoid fats.
Stop eating when you are full.
Avoid sugary foods and drinks DAILY.
Let your food taste good! Respect your body, don’t starve it, don’t beat it up with chemicals and junk food.
=> Check out below my recent 3 day food menu – Now I train 6 days a week. I have just started doing yoga at home on Sundays to bring mind and body peace.
Now you can use this as a guide for your own eating yet adapt to suit YOU and your activity levels.
You could swap the order of these around to suit your day – i.e. on Day 2 if your not hungry in the morning having a light protein green smoothie shake instead, especially if you have an intense workout later on in the day. The quantity of food will vary, depending on your daily movement and I’ve listed the rough amounts I had – yet I don’t have rules for myself, I just eat till I’m full.
- Meal 1: 3 whole Eggs with green beans and a slice of brown toast, Grass-fed butter, espresso (2 shots)
- Meal 2: Green Smoothie
- Meal 3: Rice, Tuna and coleslaw ( 1 tin of tuna)
- Meal 4: Homemade Protein Bars
- PM Workout
- Meal 5: Soup with Quinoa and mixed green veg (about 1 cup of soup, 1/2 cup of quinoa loads of veg)
- Meal 1: Porridge with hemp seeds, cinnamon and almond milk (about 1/2 cup porridge, 3-4 T hemp seeds, 1/2 cup almond milk)
- Meal 2: Tuna + Rice with Quinoa and a serving of your Mixed Greens Salad ( 1 can tuna, 1/2 cup quinoa)
- PM Workout
- Meal 3: Protein Shake with raspberries
- Meal 4: Egg Salad ( plateful)
- Meal 1: 3 eggs with mushrooms and green beans and quinoa (about 1/2 cup)
- Rest Day
- Meal 2: Green Juice, and Protein bar
- Meal 3: pizza and salad (1/4 of my pizza)
- PM WORKOUT
- Protein bar
- Meal 4: Chicken Soup with green vegetables (about 1 1/4 cup soup with loads of veg)
- Ripple Chocolate Bar ( naughty food yet i loved it 🙂..)
I was hungry day 3 due to training hard, so I had bigger portions to suit my hunger. It’s important to be okay with listening to your body. If you’re not hungry, you shouldn’t force yourself to eat. When you’re hungry, eat the best foods you can!
You can use this and mix things up a bit to suit you, yet be mindful that you are eating the right portions for you and you are moving and working out regularly.
DO NOT GIVE UP TOO SOON, YOU ARE CHANGING A HABIT THAT YOU HAVE HAD FOR A LOOOOOOOONG TIME AND THIS DOES NOT SHIFT OVERNIGHT. ITS COMMITMENT AND CONSISTANCY THAT HELPS SHIFT THIS AND IT TAKES AS LONG AS IT TAKES.